Thursday, May 28, 2009

summer....

i come into consciousness everyday at 6. i kept wondering y for many days y i kept on waking up then. all of a sudden it hit me (Not exactly hit, jus grazed past me) that it ws my roomie's alarm that woke me up! anyways, i go back to sleep almost instantly after that, to be waken up by my alarm at 7. i snooze once, and then wake up by 7.05.

in between getting ready, i get online, check mails, read headlines. then have breakfast from mess and leave by 8.10-15. and after crossing a t-junction clogged by a flyover under construction, i reach IIT Hostel bus stop on Africa Avenue and board the 8.25 blueline bus no. 615.

and then, once that reaches Indian Oil Bhavan bus stop on the Janpath, I get down, all my senses numbed. sun-screen lotion on face, sun-glasses on eyes, HitFM roaring in my ears and often sipping a coke, i walk the Indira Chowk, cross Kasturba Gandhi Marg and reach Barakhamba road. i'm doing my summer internship in one of the thousands of offices in one of the dozens of huge buildings there. then it will be around 9.15.

don't force me to say what i'll be doing till 18.30. then i cross the Barakhamba road, walk the connaught lane and reach Kasturba Gandhi road bus stop from where i get the return 615. by 7.30, invariably, i'm at hostel. then what? nothing much. life goes on.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i know u r busy and all..
but still u have to make up your tym to call me and wish good morning...lol...

apathetic said...

sunscreen n sunglasses??? ahem ..

aish said...

so... wen u go thru all this.. esp the heat wave and the sun screen part... wat exactly do u feel for those frnds of urs having their summers at a place like bgl... where ppl starting screaming "its hot" wen the temperature reaches around 32 degrees :D

jithu said...

@aish...

i've been like that, b4 i came to experience this. but never abt bangalore. i used to complain that trivandrum is sooo hot! but you know, experience changes a person's perception of comparative realities. that was hot, this is hotter, and may be, somewr else further down my timeline, i might visit hotter places (though i doubt that!) nyways gud to know u r enjoying bangalore! it is one of the best places in the world!